Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday ornament.

Today T2 and I made ornaments for our tree.



Using a cookie cutter as a template I cut out a tree (any seasonal shape would look great) and then cut out the middle to leave a tree frame.



I cute out 2 pieces of contact paper approximately the shape of the tree. We sprinkled holiday confetti and then glitter on the contact paper (yay no glitter clean up as it all stuck!!). I stuck the second piece of contact paper on top to seal all the pretties inside. Next I glued the sandwiched contact paper to the back of the frame and trimmed the contact paper to make it neat. Lastly I punched a hole and threaded a ribbon for hanging. These would look cute as sun catchers too!

They look so cute on the tree with the lights shining through!

2 comments:

{sue} said...

That is AWESOME! Such a great and easy idea! And I could use some of that glitter I have in hiding. I just bought star and tree cookie cutters yesterday!

A said...

can't wait to see your results. I'm so pleased with how ours turned out - I'd never tried making them before!