Monday, September 13, 2010

Week three

Homeschooling is still going really well and I am yet to wonder if this was the right decision but I am sure there will be days when I wonder...

T1 continues to study Ancient Egyptian history and is really interested in how people lived then. Today he is learning about what they ate and drank and he's telling me all the fruits and vegetables that had yet to be discovered. T2 asked "so what did the Egyptians eat then anyway?" and T1 instantly reeled off all the things he had just learned without needing to refer back to the book. I was so pleased to hear him sharing what he knew and seeing her so interested. This would not have happened in school because they would have been in separate rooms and she wouldn't be introduced to that period in history for another several grades. It totally warms my heart and makes me smile.

Life is good (except for the stitches in my finger where I had a fight with some dead grass and lost when gardening yesterday!!)

No comments: