Tuesday, November 30, 2010

France - making soap

I wanted to make soap as part of our study of France and while catching up on some blogs I follow, I discovered that not only had Confessions of a Homeschooler been studying France but they had also made soap. I followed the instructions supplied by this awesome blog.
We bought supplies at Michaels. Melted the soap over a pot of boiling water. Next we added scent (pearberry) and poured the soap into molds. I let the kids choose their own colours and swirl them with kabob sticks. I made one too. It was cool to see the marble effect from only stirring a little. The soap hardened fairly quickly and were so easy to pop out of the molds. We are going to use the remaining soap block to make mini soaps using festive ice cube trays as molds to give as gifts.




No comments: