Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday


Today was a crazy day with very little accomplished. Breakfast dishes are still in the sink, the dishwasher is right next to the sink. Now the lunch and dinner dishes have joined them. When this happens I seem to lose all motivation. It's so silly as it would have taken less than 5 minutes each meal but today that wasn't happening. Most days it does thankfully.

Ragweed is kicking my butt. My head hurts and my sinuses are very unhappy. I can't bend down or I see stars and my lungs feel half their usual size. I wasn't allergic to ragweed until I was 33. I wasn't missing anything good all those years!

This morning T2 and I read The Animal Rescue club - an early chapter book. We both wished it had been longer.



We also read a Magic Treehouse book. We couldn't find this one when we needed it and had to skip to the next book and then of course we found it afterwards.



We played another picnic plate word game which led T2 to the next book. She was much quicker today with some of the words we have previously worked on which is great because it is hard for her to remember words by sight. She wasn't too enthralled at the start but after a few plates, she had a very proud smile going on.








Hudson wanted to pose!

Our little caterpillar friend is still hanging out with us and munching his way through vast quantities of milk weed leaves. We have had him almost 2 weeks and he was pretty big when we found him. I thought he would be closer to a butterfly by now. It seems happy enough.


In February we stopped watching TV. The only time since then we have switched it on was to watch the dude tightrope walk across Niagara Falls. Other than that it has only been used a few times to watch family movies. It's been a while so we decided to rent one. G chose The Pirates! Band of misfits. Both kids love Wallace and Gromit so hopefully they will enjoy this.


Have a great long weekend!

No comments: