Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mmmmm gnocchi


I've never tried making gnocchi before but I have been meaning to for a while. I chose a recipe from one of my favourite vegan cook books (I changed from vegetarian to vegan on January 9 2012). It totally rocks in my opinion

The recipe is really simple but it seemed to take forever. Next time I make them I'm sitting down when it comes to the rolling into a long worm, cutting and rolling off a fork part. It was quite fun but my back was sore by the end from leaning over the kitchen counter. I definitely need to work on my technique


I dumped them in a pot of boiling water and hoped for the best. I half expected my effort to result in a soupy starchy mess. I held my breath and to my delight one by one they bobbed up to the surface. I was so pleased. I sautéed some chopped mushrooms, onion and garlic in olive oil and when the gnocchi were ready I tossed them in the pan and let them mingle for a minute before plating with some salad greens. It was delicious. I have the remaining uncooked gnocchi freezing on a tray so I can later pop them in a baggy for another day. It tasted way better than it looks!!


No comments: